NINE IMPORTANT things as we turn the corner into our competitive season...
1. Geist Half Marathon- Saturday, May 18th. We are shooting for at least a busload of volunteers to serve as course marshals, dressed in their LN gear. We have many families who live in the Geist area and we need to be a presence at this event. Additionally, community service is a now critical piece of graduation requirements. SIGN UP BELOW iTO REGISTER AS A COURSE MARSHALL. You will get a shirt, cinch bag, snacks, drinks, etc…
2. Community Health Physical Night: May 2nd from 6:00 – 8:00pm at LAWRENCE NORTH HIGH SCHOOL in the Fieldhouse (Door 11). Cost is only $20! No registration is required! This is the same night as the Freshman Open House, so bring any of your younger athletes as well!
3. The Depth & Records Chart is ALWAYS UPDATED with what events your athlete will be participating in the meets. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SG-5COuKNS0BUBVpSozaG7vNCbEt-HzDxsUFxgd8AKo/edit?usp=sharing
4. All girls should be dressed as a team throughout the meets. That means they should be wearing ALL BLACK during warm ups and cool downs- TOP & BOTTOMS. We still have additional track jackets, pants and shirts for sale if needed. Contact Coach Barsic for a specific size to see if we still have it.
5. NO PHONES OR HEADPHONES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF THE MEET! Our athletes do not need the distraction of their phones from the moment that they step off the bus. They are there to compete and do BIG things. Focusing during their warm-ups, race, cool down, race-prep for the next event, post-race processing, and coaches feedback times are all crucial for the athlete to get in the zone and for the coaches to do their jobs.
6. Presence during all remaining practices and meets for participating athletes are MANDATORY... Not optional. We've had an influx of unexcused absences and/or uncommunicated absences with documentation AFTER the missed practice. Both are unexcusable. Communication is key and athletes attendance is vital.
7. “Never confuse movement with progress. Because you can run in place and not get anywhere.” Denzel Washington
True improvement is about doing all of the little things right and working harder than ANYONE ELSE. Be the first one at practice, be the first one back from the water break, be ready to do everything your coaches ask and push yourself past the point of discomfort. Simply showing up does not mean you are going to get better. Being better does.
8. Per the IHSAA, each member school shall observe a moratorium starting on Monday of the week which includes July 4th. During this seven-day period, there shall be no contact between athletes and coaches, and no athletic activities, including conditioning, conducted.IHSAA Moratorium: Monday, July 1 – Sunday, July 7, 2019.
9. Summer Sport Camps can be found at the following link: https://lnwildcats.ltschools.org/announcements/summer-camps
"GOOD, BETTER, BEST. NEVER LET IT REST. UNTIL YOUR GOOD IS YOUR BETTER AND YOUR BETTER IS YOUR BEST."
SEE YOU ON THE TRACK
This mailing list is announce-only.
News and updates from the LN girls track team
We will not share your information with anyone else.