Booster Newsletter 3/13/17
- BOOSTER MEETING (reminder)
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS (update)
- AMY BEVERLAND PEP BAND (new)
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE (reminder)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (reminder)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- WINTER PERCUSSION AND WINTER GUARD INFORMATION (update)
- MARCHING PRIDE (new)
Congratulations to LT Winter Percussion on their 2nd place finish at WGI Regional competition this weekend!
LT Winter Guard has advanced to State Finals next weekend, Well Done!
- BOOSTER MEETING
- Join us on Tuesday, March 14, at 7:00pm in the band room for our next booster meeting.
- Nominations for next year’s Booster Board will be taken at this meeting. We are looking for an assistant VP of Student Affairs and an assistant VP of fundraising and many committee chairs.
- We will be de-briefing the Mardi Gras Masquerade and discussing upcoming events.
- All band parents are band boosters; we look forward to seeing you there!
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS
- AMY BEVERLAND PEP BAND
- Amy Beverland Elementary is looking for a pep band for the annual teachers vs. students' basketball game on Wednesday, March 22 in the LECC gym. Bring your instrument and pep band music.
- Warm-up starts at 5:30pm
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a great opportunity to showcase band to future-middle-schoolers who will be making elective choices soon! There will be pizza, and you get service hours!
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE
- Mark your calendar! March 18 & 19, Squealers will host another dine to donate weekend, with 10% of purchases coming back to the LN Band Program
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- This valuable fundraiser supports ALL students in ALL bands.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright email@example.com or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: March 21
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317 709-0039.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- WINTER PERCUSSION AND WINTER GUARD INFORMATION
- Follow this link for Indiana Percussion Association schedules and details.
- Click here for the Volunteer Sign-Up for the 2017 LTWP season.
- 3/18/17 – LTWP competes in IPA State Prelim competition at Decatur Central
- 4/1/17 – LTWP competes at IPA State Finals competition at ISU Hulman Center
- MARCHING PRIDE 2017
- Members of the 2016 MPLT have been invited to the Indiana State House on Thursday, March 16 to be recognized by the state legislature for their outstanding accomplishments in the 2016 season. Parents are welcome to attend, the presentation begins at 10:00am.
- There will be a MPLT Steering Committee meeting on Thursday, March 16, at 6:30pm at LN. Come and get involved in this wonderful group!
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, March 14 Booster Meeting
Thursday, March 16 MPLT to State House
Thursday, March 16 MPLT Steering Committee Meeting 6:30pm, at LN
Saturday, March 18 LT Winter Percussion: IPA State Prelims at Decatur Central
Saturday, March 18 LT Winter Guard: State Finals at Center Grove
Saturday & Sunday, March 18 & 19 Dine to Donate at Squealers in Castleton!
Tuesday, March 21 Scrip Card Orders Due
Wednesday, March 22 Amy Beverland Elementary Pep Band
Saturday, April 1 LT Winter Percussion: IPA State Finals at ISU
Wind Ensemble Only May 17 Side by side performance at FCV May concert
Everyone! May 22 Band and Orchestra Awards
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band June 8 Commencement @ Farmers Coliseum
Additional calendar information is available at www.lnband.com.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/625438617629841/#
Follow @LNband for up to date news on our LN band program at www.twitter.com/LNband