Booster Newsletter 4/3/17
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS (update)
- ORCHESTRA TRIP TO CHICAGO SYMPHONY (new)
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST
- STUTZ ART FAIR (update)
- RUMMAGE SALE (new)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (reminder)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION (update)
Congratulations to LT Winter Percussion on their 3rd place finish at State Finals competition this weekend!
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS
- The Band Contest Preview Concert is Wednesday, April 12 at 7:00pm
- Concert Band performs at Pendleton Heights High School on Friday, April 21 at 5:00pm
- Symphonic Band performs at Pendleton Heights High School on Friday, April 21 at 6:00pm
- Wind Ensemble performs at Warren Central High School on Friday, April 28 at 7:15pm
- Full Orchestra performs at Warren Central High School on Friday, April 28 at 5:00pm
- Chaperones will be needed! Please check your schedule and contact Alison Goller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Performance itineraries will be posted soon.
- ORCHESTRA TRIP TO CHICAGO SYMPHONY
- LN Band and Orchestra have the opportunity to travel to Chicago on April 14, 2017 to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform.
- We are able to take 52 people – there is still room! This trip is open to orchestra and band students, and their parents.
- Please go to www.musictravel.com to register Click here for full registration details.
- There will be a parent meeting before departure, details TBA.
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST
- Do you have an old instrument in good condition laying around that is not being used? If so, Mr. Wallis is coordinating a campaign to donate gently used instruments to a music mission in Thailand.
- A good friend of Mr. Wallis is a missionary in Thailand, teaching English and most recently a band class! These students are from a poor town and cannot afford the cost of instruments. Current needs are trumpets, flutes, and woodwind accessories such as reeds, cork grease, etc. Contact Mr. Wallis at email@example.com with questions.
- STUTZ ART FAIR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
- The annual Stutz Art Fair is coming soon! Mark your calendars for April 28 and 29.
- LN Band has helped staff this event for many years, and volunteers earn $50/shift for their student account.
- Positions include: ticket sales, ticket takers, elevator operators and general administrative needs.
- Positions are available for adults and students. Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com now!
- This is a fun event, full of art and music!
- Contact Suzette Ogle-Salomon with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale is Coming Soon! Mark your calendars for June 17.
- Please start collecting your gently used clothing and household items, we will be posting collection dates and times soon.
- This is a HUGE general fundraiser for the entire band program, which requires everyone to step up to help. Thank you for your support!
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- This valuable fundraiser supports ALL students in ALL bands.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright email@example.com or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: April 4
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317 709-0039.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, April 4 Scrip Card Orders Due
Wednesday, April 12 Band Contest Preview Concert
Friday, April 14 & Saturday 15 Squealers Dine to Donate
Saturday, April 15 LTWP at Center Grove
Friday, April 21 ISSMA Organization Contest (CB & SB)
Thursday, April 20 –Saturday 22 LTWP at WGI World Championship
Friday, April 28 ISSMA State Qualification Contest (WE & Full Orchestra)
Friday, April 28 & Saturday 29 Stutz Art Fair
Wind Ensemble Only May 17 Side by side performance at FCV May concert
Everyone! May 22 Band and Orchestra Awards
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band June 8 Commencement @ Farmers Coliseum