Booster Newsletter 4/10/17
- BOOSTER MEETING (reminder)
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS (update)
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE (new)
- STUTZ ART FAIR (update)
- RUMMAGE SALE (reminder)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (update)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION (update)
- BOOSTER MEETING
- Join us on Tuesday, April 11, at 7:00pm in the band room for our next booster meeting.
- We will be voting in next year’s Booster Board at this meeting. We are currently looking for an assistant VP of fundraising, a secretary and numerous non-board committee positions.
- All band parents are band boosters; we look forward to seeing you there!
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS
- The Band Contest Preview Concert is Wednesday, April 12 at 7:00pm
- Concert Band performs at Pendleton Heights High School on Friday, April 21 at 5:00pm
- Symphonic Band performs at Pendleton Heights High School on Friday, April 21 at 6:00pm
- Wind Ensemble performs at Warren Central High School on Friday, April 28 at 7:15pm
- Full Orchestra performs at Warren Central High School on Friday, April 28 at 5:00pm
- The Orchestra Contest Preview Concert is Wednesday, April 19 at 7:00pm
- Chaperones will be needed for all trips! Please check your schedule and contact Alison Goller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Itineraries will be posted soon.
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST
- Do you have an old instrument in good condition laying around that is not being used? If so, Mr. Wallis is coordinating a campaign to donate gently used instruments to a music mission in Thailand.
- A good friend of Mr. Wallis is a missionary in Thailand, teaching English and most recently a band class! These students are from a poor town and cannot afford the cost of instruments. Current needs are trumpets, flutes, and woodwind accessories such as reeds, cork grease, etc. Contact Mr. Wallis at email@example.com with questions.
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE
- STUTZ ART FAIR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
- The annual Stutz Art Fair is April 28 and 29.
- Volunteers earn $50/shift for their student account. Additional positions have been added!
- There are still a variety of positions available on both days, including: ticket sales, ticket takers, elevator operators and general administrative needs.
- Positions are available for adults and students. Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com now!
- This is a fun event, full of art and music!
- Contact Suzette Ogle-Salomon with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale is Coming Soon! Mark your calendars for June 17.
- Please start collecting your gently used clothing and household items, we will be posting collection dates and times soon.
- This is a HUGE general fundraiser for the entire band program, which requires everyone to step up to help. Thank you for your support!
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- The final testing window is approaching which means Gayle will not be able to work the breakfast table from April 17 through May 17.
- It is important that we have 3 people signed up to work each day. This ensures that the sale goes smoothly and there will be at least 2 people still available should something come up last minute for any volunteer.
- Previous Volunteers, plase check your calendars to see when you can help. If you have never worked but want to help, there is always at least one experienced person working. Sign up and have fun learning how we serve the early morning snack needs of the LN student body.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright email@example.com or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: April 18
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317 709-0039.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, April 11 Band Booster Meeting
Wednesday, April 12 Band Contest Preview Concert
Friday, April 14 & Saturday 15 Squealers Dine to Donate
Saturday, April 15 LTWP at Center Grove
Tuesday, April 18 Scrip Card Orders Due
Wednesday, April 19 Orchestra Concert
Friday, April 21 ISSMA Organization Contest (CB & SB)
Thursday, April 20 –Saturday 22 LTWP at WGI World Championship
Friday, April 28 ISSMA State Qualification Contest (WE & Full Orchestra)
Friday, April 28 & Saturday 29 Stutz Art Fair
Wind Ensemble Only May 17 Side by side performance at FCV May concert
Everyone! May 22 Band and Orchestra Awards
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band June 8 Commencement @ Farmers Coliseum
Additional calendar information is available at www.lnband.com.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/625438617629841/#
Follow @LNband for up to date news on our LN band program at www.twitter.com/LNband