Booster Newsletter 4/24/17
- ISSMA STATE QUALIFICATION (update)
- JAZZ CONCERT WITH FCV (new)
- STUTZ ART FAIR (update)
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET (update)
- RUMMAGE SALE (reminder)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (update)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- MPLT 2017 (new)
Congratulations to all our students on their many accomplishments this weekend!
LT Winter Percussion – 8th place finish at WGI Finals Competition
Symphonic Band – Gold rating with distinction at ISSMA
Concert Band – Gold rating at ISSMA
- ISSMA STATE QUALIFICATION
- JAZZ CONCERT WITH FCV
- Join us for the Spring Jazz Concert on Thursday, May 4 at 7pm.
- This is a Fall Creek Valley recruitment event. Volunteers are needed for serving pizza, clean-up, and bringing baked desserts.
5:30pm - Combined rehearsal
5:45pm – Pizza served to FCV and LN Jazz Bands
7:00pm – Concert
- STUTZ ART FAIR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
- The annual Stutz Art Fair is April 28 and 29.
- Volunteers earn $50/shift for their student account.
- There are still positions available for adults and students. Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com now!
- This is a fun event, full of art and music!
- Contact Suzette Ogle-Salomon with questions: email@example.com
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET
- The Lawrence North High School Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Year End Banquet will take place on Monday, May 22, 2017, in the LN Cafeteria/Little Theater.
- This event is to honor all Band, Color Guard and Orchestra students, with a special tribute to our graduating seniors.
6:00 pm Orchestra Awards in the Little Theater
6:30 pm Dinner in the LNHS Cafeteria, Band and Orchestra
7:30 pm Band Awards in Little Theater
- The dinner buffet will be catered by GT South’s Rib House, and will include pulled chicken and pork, with BBQ sauces, rolls and sides. The cost is $12 per person (Graduating senior students and under age 5 eat free!)
- Volunteers needed to help with serving! Contact Alicia Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each family, please bring a dessert, pre-cut and ready to serve.
- Please RSVP with payment by May 15.
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale is Coming Soon! Mark your calendars for June 17.
- Please start collecting your gently used clothing and household items, we will be posting collection dates and times soon.
- This is a HUGE general fundraiser for the entire band program, which requires everyone to step up to help. Thank you for your support!
- Committee Members are urgently needed! Contact Alison Goller at email@example.com
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- The final testing window is approaching which means Gayle will not be able to work the breakfast table through May 17.
- It is important that we have 3 people signed up to work each day.
- Previous Volunteers, please check your calendars to see when you can help. New Volunteers, there is always at least one experienced person working. Sign up and have fun learning how we serve the early morning snack needs of the LN student body.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: May 2
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317 709-0039.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- MPLT 2017
- Learn about the upcoming MPLT show at the 2017 Kick-off and Reveal! Monday, May 15 at 6:30pm in the LC Auditorium.
- Rookie Day, for ALL new marching band members, Thursday, May 25 from 4:30pm-8:30pm at LN.
- Prospective MPLT leaders, refer to the Leadership Calendar.
SAVE THE DATES
Friday, April 28 ISSMA State Qualification Contest (WE & Full Orchestra)
Friday, April 28 & Saturday 29 Stutz Art Fair
Tuesday, May 2 Scrip Card Orders Due
Thursday, May 4 Jazz Concert with FCV
Monday, May 15 MPLT Kick-off and Reveal at LC
Wednesday, May 17 Wind Ensemble, Side by side performance at FCV
Monday, May 22 Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Awards Banquet
Thursday, May 25 MPLT Rookie Day at LN
Thursday, June 8 Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, Commencement
Additional calendar information is available at www.lnband.com.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/625438617629841/#
Follow @LNband for up to date news on our LN band program at www.twitter.com/LNband