Booster Newsletter 5/1/17
- JAZZ CONCERT WITH FCV (update)
- BOOSTER MEETING (new)
- PERCUSSION CONCERT (new)
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET (update)
- RUMMAGE SALE (reminder)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (update)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- MPLT 2017 (update)
Congratulations to all our students on their accomplishments this weekend!
Wind Ensemble played their best performance but did not qualify for State. They received a Gold in both performance and sight reading. We are very proud of the student’s progress and achievements!
Full Symphony Orchestra earned a Gold in both performance and sight reading at ISSMA State Qualification.
Thank you to all our parent chaperones!
Thank you to all of our Stutz volunteers! It was another successful event for Stutz and I know they appreciate our help.
- JAZZ CONCERT WITH FCV
- Join us for the Spring Jazz Concert on Thursday, May 4 at 7pm.
- This is a Fall Creek Valley recruitment event. Volunteers are needed for serving pizza, clean-up, and bringing baked desserts.
5:30pm - Combined rehearsal
5:45pm – Pizza served to FCV and LN Jazz Bands
7:00pm – Concert
- BOOSTER MEETING
- Join us on Tuesday, May 9, at 7:00pm in the band room for our next booster meeting.
- All band parents are band boosters; we look forward to seeing you there!
- PERCUSSION CONCERT
- Join us on Wednesday, May 10 at 7:00pm in the auditorium for the Spring Percussion Concert.
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET
- The Lawrence North High School Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Year End Banquet will take place on Monday, May 22, 2017, in the LN Cafeteria/Little Theater.
- This event is to honor all Band, Color Guard and Orchestra students, with a special tribute to our graduating seniors.
6:00 pm Orchestra Awards in the Little Theater
6:30 pm Dinner in the LNHS Cafeteria, Band and Orchestra
7:30 pm Band Awards in Little Theater
- The dinner buffet will be catered by GT South’s Rib House, and will include pulled chicken and pork, with BBQ sauces, rolls and sides. The cost is $12 per person (Graduating senior students and under age 5 eat free!)
- Volunteers needed to help with serving! Contact Alicia Jackson at email@example.com
- Each family, please bring a dessert, pre-cut and ready to serve.
- Please RSVP with payment by May 15.
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale is Coming Soon! Mark your calendars for June 17.
- ALL FAMILIES are required to help with this, our biggest general fundraiser for the entire band program. Thank you for your support!
- Please start collecting your gently used clothing and household items, we will be posting collection dates and times soon.
- Committee Members are urgently needed! Contact Alison Goller at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- We are in the final testing window which means Gayle will not be able to work the breakfast table through May 17.
- It is important that we have 3 people signed up to work each day.
- Previous Volunteers, please check your calendars to see when you can help. New Volunteers, there is always at least one experienced person working. Sign up and have fun learning how we serve the early morning snack needs of the LN student body.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright email@example.com or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: May 2
- Scrip dates for the 2017-2018 school year are now posted on the website. Keep on Scripping, and earning, all year round!
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- MPLT 2017
- There is an MPLT Steering Committee Meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, May 2 at 6:30pm at LC.
- Learn about the upcoming MPLT show at the 2017 Kick-off and Reveal! Monday, May 15 at 6:30pm in the LC Auditorium.
- Rookie Day, for ALL new marching band members, Thursday, May 25 from 4:30pm-8:30pm at LN.
- Prospective MPLT leaders, refer to the Leadership Calendar.
- Percussionists – click here for the Percussion spring training letter. Training starts tomorrow!
- The MPLT Performer Contract should be filled out and returned to directors by Monday, May 15.
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, May 2 Scrip Card Orders Due
Thursday, May 4 Jazz Concert with FCV
Tuesday, May 9 Booster Meeting
Wednesday, May 10 Percussion Concert
Monday, May 15 MPLT Kick-off and Reveal at LC
Wednesday, May 17 Wind Ensemble, Side by side performance at FCV
Monday, May 22 Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Awards Banquet
Thursday, May 25 MPLT Rookie Day at LN
Thursday, June 8 Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, Commencement
Additional calendar information is available at www.lnband.com.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/625438617629841/#
Follow @LNband for up to date news on our LN band program at www.twitter.com/LNband