Booster Newsletter 5/8/17
- BOOSTER MEETING (reminder)
- PERCUSSION CONCERT (reminder)
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET (update)
- SIDE BY SIDE – WIND ENSEMBLE AT FCV (new)
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE (new)
- RUMMAGE SALE (reminder)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (update)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- MPLT 2017 (update)
- BOOSTER MEETING
- Join us on Tuesday, May 9, at 7:00pm in the band room for our next booster meeting.
- There is a lot to discuss as we look at new fundraising ideas for next school year. All band parents are band boosters; we look forward to seeing you there!
- PERCUSSION CONCERT
- Join us on Wednesday, May 10 at 7:00pm in the auditorium for the Spring Percussion Concert.
- BAND, COLOR GUARD AND ORCHESTRA AWARDS BANQUET
- The Lawrence North High School Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Year End Banquet will take place on Wednesday, May 24, in the LN Cafeteria/Little Theater. ***Please note the date change.*** There was a conflict with the school board recognition meeting which affects many of our performing arts students.
- Please RSVP with payment by May 15. We need an accurate attendance count for the caterer!
- This event is to honor all Band, Color Guard and Orchestra students, with a special tribute to our graduating seniors.
6:00 pm Orchestra Awards in the Little Theater
6:30 pm Dinner in the LNHS Cafeteria, Band and Orchestra
7:30 pm Band Awards in Little Theater
- The dinner buffet will be catered by GT South’s Rib House, and will include pulled chicken and pork, with BBQ sauces, rolls and sides. The cost is $12 per person (Graduating senior students and under age 5 eat free!)
- Volunteers needed to help with serving! Contact Alicia Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each family, please bring a dessert, pre-cut and ready to serve.
- SIDE BY SIDE – WIND ENSEMBLE AT FCV
- Wind Ensemble members will meet at FCV middle school at 6:45pm. The concert will end approximately 8:15pm.
- A full itinerary will be posted and distributed in class.
- SQUEALERS BARBEQUE GRILL DINE TO DONATE
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale is Coming Soon! Mark your calendars for June 17.
- ALL FAMILIES are required to help with this, our biggest general fundraiser for the entire band program. Thank you for your support!
- Please start collecting your gently used clothing and household items, we will be posting collection dates and times soon.
- Committee Members are urgently needed! Contact Alison Goller at email@example.com or Gayle Cartwright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- We are in the final testing window which means Gayle will not be able to work the breakfast table through May 17.
- It is important that we have 3 people signed up to work each day.
- Previous Volunteers, please check your calendars to see when you can help. New Volunteers, there is always at least one experienced person working. Sign up and have fun learning how we serve the early morning snack needs of the LN student body.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright email@example.com or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: May 16
- Scrip dates for the 2017-2018 school year are now posted on the website. Keep on Scripping, and earning, all year round!
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- MPLT 2017
- The 2017 Kick-off and Reveal is on Monday, May 15 in the LC Auditorium.
- 6:00pm Volunteers Set-up
- 6:45pm Rookie Registration
- 7:00pm Student Ice Breaker
- 7:30pm Reveal!
- Rookie Camp, for ALL new marching band members, Thursday, May 25 at LN.
- 3:30pm Volunteers Set-up
- 4:30pm Rookie Registration
- 5:00 – 6:00pm Dinner
- 6:00 – 8:30pm Instruction
- 7:30 – 8:30pm New Parent Meeting
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, May 9 Booster Meeting
Wednesday, May 10 Percussion Concert
Monday, May 15 MPLT Kick-off and Reveal at LC
Tuesday, May 16 Scrip Card Orders Due
Wednesday, May 17 Wind Ensemble, Side by side performance at FCV
Saturday & Sunday, May 20 & 21 Squealers Dine to Donate
Wednesday, May 24 Band, Color Guard and Orchestra Awards Banquet
Thursday, May 25 MPLT Rookie Camp at LN
Thursday, June 8 Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, Commencement
LN BAND BOOSTER BOARD MEMBERS
President: Wendy Manubay firstname.lastname@example.org
VP- Fundraising: Keta Cross email@example.com
VP- Student Support: Alicia Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. VP-Student Support: Courtney Clardy email@example.com
Co-Treasurer: Janelle Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Treasurer: Gordon Burgin email@example.com
Secretary: Rebecca Webster firstname.lastname@example.org