Booster Newsletter 5/30/17
- COMMENCEMENT BAND (update)
- SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS (new)
- TUX JACKET RETURN (reminder)
- RUMMAGE SALE (update)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- MPLT 2017 (update)
- COMMENCEMENT BAND
- SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS
- Students should prep any school owned instruments that will be checked in after Commencement:
- Clean instrument and remove all personal items from the case.
- Note any problems with the instrument.
- Students may keep instruments over the summer.
- ALL STUDENTS with school owned instruments must check in with Mr. Wallis before leaving after Commencement.
- TUX JACKET RETURN
- All rented tux jackets must be returned to the band room AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! There is a uniform box in the band room for them to be hung up. Please put the student’s name on the hanger!
- Jackets are NOT needed for Commencement Band.
- Please contact Alison Goller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317 964 7951.
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The next Collection Day is Saturday, June 3 from 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- The Annual Rummage Sale is June 17, 8:00am-4:00pm; Tell your friends and neighbors!
- ALL BAND FAMILIES are required to help!
- The funds raised at the Rummage Sale allow us to keep fees as low as possible and our concerts free. This is our biggest general fundraiser and it benefits the entire band program. Thank you for your support!
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com
- STUDENTS: assigned by section for Friday June 16 and Saturday, June 17
Friday, June 16: 8:00am - 1:00pm: ALL Low Brass and Color Guard
10:00am – 3:00pm: ALL Clarinets
1:00pm – 6:00pm: ALL High Brass and Flutes
Saturday, June 17: 7:30a – 12:00: Alto Saxes
11:30a – 4:00: Tenor Saxes, Bari Saxes, Bass Clarinets
3:30p – 8:30p: ALL Percussion and MPLT Leaders
- Students are also highly encouraged to sign up for:
Collection Saturdays: May 27, June 3, June 10, from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Tarp & Table set up: Thursday, June 15 from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- PARENTS: We need you for ALL shifts. Days and times to fit every schedule! Sign up on CERVIS:
Collection Saturdays; June 3, & June 10: 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Table and Tarp set up; Thursday, June 15: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Set Up; Friday, June 16; Shifts start at 9:00am and go until 9:00pm
Saturday Sale, June 17: Shifts start at 7:30am and go until 8:30pm
Pre-sort clothing; week day evenings TBD closer to the sale
Bake Sale; bake and donate your favorite goodies, packaged to sell!
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The summer dates for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered are: June 20 and July 15
- Scrip dates for the 2017-2018 school year are now posted on the website. Keep on Scripping, and earning, all year round!
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- MPLT 2017
SAVE THE DATES
Saturday, June 3 Rummage Sale Collection Day
Thursday, June 8 Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, Commencement
Saturday, June 10 Rummage Sale Collection Day
Thursday, June 15 Rummage Sale Table and Tarp Set-up
Friday, June 16 Rummage Sale Set-up
Saturday, June 17 RUMMAGE SALE!
Tuesday, June 20 Scrip Card Orders Due
Tuesday, June 20 MPLT 2-9 Rehearsals Start