Booster Newsletter 6/19/18
- “SPRING BREAK 2019” TRIP
- RUMMAGE SALE UPDATE
- SCRIP UPDATE
- MPLT UPDATE: 2–9 Rehearsals
- MPLT COLOR DASH FUND RUN - Registration is now open!
- “SPRING BREAK 2019” TRIP
- There’s still time to sign up for the New York City Spring Break 2019 Trip.
- You can register for the trip at:
- RUMMAGE SALE
- The Annual Rummage Sale and Bake Sale is June 23. Set-up day is Friday, June 22.
- Sign up is now available on CERVIS for all dates where help is needed. It is the expectation that every family helps with at least one shift. Students are assigned for shifts on Friday, June 22 and Saturday, June 23 so no need sign them up on CERVIS for those days.
- RUMMAGE SALE NEEDS:
- June 21 – We need 5 people: adults or students
- June 22 –
- First Shift: We need 19 people: adults, only students already assigned
- Second shift: We need 15 people: adults only, students already assigned
- Third shift: We need 12 people: adults only, students already assigned
- June 23 –
- First Shift: We need 12 people: adults only, students already assigned
- Second Shift: We need 6 people: adults only, students already assigned
- Third Shift: We need 17 people: adults only, students already assigned
- Help is also needs with donations of baked goods for our Bake Sale.
- STUDENT ASSIGNMENTS:
- Friday, June 22:
- 8:00a - 1:00p: ALL Low Brass and Color Guard
- 10:00a – 3:00p: ALL Clarinets
- 1:00p – 6:00p: ALL High Brass and Flutes
- Saturday, June 23:
- 7:30a – 12:00p: Alto Saxes
- 11:30a – 4:00: Tenor & Bari Saxes, Bass Clarinets
- 3:30p – 8:30p: ALL Percussion and MPLT Leaders
- Contact Kaye Schoenling at KSchoenl@comcast.net, 317-709-0039 or Gayle Cartwright at email@example.com, 317-439-4020.
- Please consider donating your gently used clothing and household items. We cannot accept televisions, mattresses or cribs/child safety seats.
- Please share this flyer with your friends, colleagues, and neighbors!
- Remaining collection dates are as follows:
- Friday June 22nd from 9am – 4pm in the LN Fieldhouse
- SCRIP – Summer Orders
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores! Click here to find out how.
- Summer Scrip order dates for plastic cards are: Tuesday, June 26th and Tuesday, July 24th. Click here for the 2018 – 2019 Scrip Order Date Calendar.
- Check www.shopwithscrip.com frequently for special offers!
- You can purchase and download ScripNow at any time!
- Go to the Scrip website at www.shopwithscrip.com to place your order, enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, search for special offers and more.
- The shipping fee on plastic card orders is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317-709-0039.
- KROGER UPDATE: Please check that your Kroger Plus Card is registered to LN Band Boosters, so that a percentage of your purchases are directed to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters. Register annually and benefit the band with every purchase.
- MPLT UPDATE
- Reminder: 2 – 9 Rehearsals start tomorrow, June 20th!
- Student sport physicals must be completed by Band Camp Registration on July 22nd, click here to download to required forms.
- A physician will be onsite at LN to complete physicals for all interested students from 4pm – 8pm on June 21st and June 28th. This is for marching pride students only.
- It’s not too late to sign up and be a part of the Marching Pride! Click here to register for the upcoming season.
- Any students participating in MPLT must have a Performer Contract signed and turned in to the LN Performing Arts office ASAP.
- If you have not yet paid the initial $200 deposit for this season click here to pay online. For information on payment plans, or to pay via check or cash, contact Jen Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-964-7951.
- All family members planning to volunteer MUST have a new background check completed for this season. Click here to download the Lawrence North Background Check Form; completed forms should be turned into the Performing Arts office as soon as possible.
- MPLT COLOR DASH FUND RUN
- Registration is now open for the 2nd annual MPLT Color Run, to be held at Lawrence Park on August 18, 2018
- All LN Performing Arts students are eligible to participate for a $12 discounted registration. The $12 registration fee includes an event t-shirt, and color packet for the participant. Performing Arts students who wish to participate must fill out a paper registration form; do not register online, or you will not receive the discounted registration rate.
- Performing Arts students who participate in the Color Run are also eligible to participate in the fundraiser. 100% of donations collected by each participating student will be credited towards their student account.
- This is a community event, and we encourage family members to register for the race and join in on the fun! Click here to access the event registration page.
SAVE THE DATE
June 20 MPLT Rehearsals Begin (2p – 9p)
June 21 Rummage Sale Tarp and Tables Set up (5p – 9p)
June 21 MPLT Steering Committee Meeting (7p - 8:30p)
June 22 Rummage Sale Set Up (8a - 9p)
June 23 RUMMAGE SALE and BAKE SALE (all day)
June 27 MPLT Mandatory Parent Meeting (7p – 8:30p)
June 27 Second installment of MPLT payments due ($100)
Additional calendar information is available at www.lnband.com. Follow @LNband for up to date news on our LN band program at www.twitter.com/LNband and like us on Facebook!