Booster Newsletter 3/20/17
- AMY BEVERLAND PEP BAND (reminder)
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST (new)
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS (update)
- STUTZ ART FAIR (new)
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER (reminder)
- SCRIP – Gift Cards (update)
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION (update)
Congratulations to LT Winter Percussion on their 4th place finish at State Prelims competition this weekend, with their best score to date!
Congratulations to LT Winter Guard for their great season and 8th place State Finals finish!
All students are reminded to take home their instruments, AND PRACTICE over spring break! There are only 5 rehearsals left before the concert.
- AMY BEVERLAND PEP BAND
- Amy Beverland Elementary is still looking for pep band members for the annual teachers vs. kids’ basketball game on Wednesday, March 22 in the LECC gym. WE NEED MORE BRASS! Brass players, please sign up. Everyone, bring your instrument and pep band music.
- Warm-up starts at 5:30pm
- Contact – email@example.com
- This is a great opportunity to showcase band to future-middle-schoolers who will be making elective choices soon! There will be pizza, and you get service hours!
- INSTRUMENT DONATION REQUEST
- Do you have an old instrument in good condition laying around that is not being used? If so, Mr. Wallis is coordinating a campaign to donate gently used instruments to a music mission in Thailand.
- A good friend of Mr. Wallis is a missionary in Thailand, teaching English and most recently a band class! These students are from a poor town and cannot afford the cost of instruments. Current needs are trumpets, flutes, and woodwind accessories such as reeds, cork grease, etc. Contact Mr. Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- ISSMA ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEST FOR ALL BANDS
- STUTZ ART FAIR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
- The annual Stutz Art Fair is coming soon! Mark your calendars for April 28 and 29.
- LN Band has helped staff this event for many years, and volunteers earn $50/shift for their student account.
- Positions include: ticket sales, ticket takers, elevator operators and general administrative needs.
- Positions are available for adults and students. Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com now!
- This is a fun event, full of art and music!
- Contact Suzette Ogle-Salomon with questions: email@example.com
- BREAKFAST SALE FUNDRAISER
- Sign up for shifts through the CERVIS volunteer link at www.LNband.com. There are plenty to choose from!
- This valuable fundraiser supports ALL students in ALL bands.
- Join us from 7:50 – 9:05am for each day’s sale and earn $5 for your student’s account.
- If you have any questions or need help signing up on CERVIS please contact Gayle Cartwright firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-439-4020.
- SCRIP – Gift Cards
- The next date for plastic Scrip cards to be ordered is: March 21
- Online orders for ScripNow and ReloadNow can be placed at any time, click here to find out how.
- Turn Everyday Shopping into Fundraising – no selling, just earning! Scrip is fundraising while you shop at all your favorite stores!
- Place your order at www.shopwithscrip.com, or enroll in PrestoPay, reload cards, shop-on-the-go with My ScripWallet, search for special offers and more.
- Orders paid by cash or check must be received by Alison Goller in the band office by 2:00 pm on the order date. Online orders paid by PrestoPay must be made by 7:00 pm on the order date.
- The shipping fee on plastic cards is $8.50 for standard delivery. This fee is divided between everyone who placed orders for plastic cards on that date, and is deducted from any earned rebate. If you are the only person ordering cards, the entire shipping fee will be deducted from your rebate.
- For Scrip questions, please contact Kaye Schoenling KSchoenl@comcast.net or 317 709-0039.
- KROGER REWARDS: If you register your Kroger Plus Card, a direct a percentage of your purchases to the LN Band General Fund. We are listed as Lawrence North Band Boosters # 10565. Thank you!
- WINTER PERCUSSION INFORMATION
SAVE THE DATES
Tuesday, March 21 Scrip Card Orders Due
Wednesday, March 22 Amy Beverland Elementary Pep Band
Saturday, April 1 LT Winter Percussion: IPA State Finals at ISU
Friday, April 21 or Saturday 22 ISSMA Organization Contest (CB & SB)
Thursday, April 20 –Saturday 22 LTWP at WGI World Championship
Friday, April 28 or Saturday 29 ISSMA State Qualification Contest (WE & Full Orchestra)
Friday, April 28 & Saturday 29 Stutz Art Fair
Wind Ensemble Only May 17 Side by side performance at FCV May concert
Everyone! May 22 Band and Orchestra Awards
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band June 8 Commencement @ Farmers Coliseum