Contest Preview Concert
- The Orchestra Contest Preview Concert is Wednesday, April 18 at 7pm at the Fall Creek Valley Middle School Auditorium. (Please note the change in time! All times have been moved ahead one hour from the previous message.)
- Come and support your students with a huge showing at this concert and at our performance assessment.
- Sinfonia and Sonatina: Students need to be at FCVMS at 6:00pm in the Band Room for attendance and tuning and a combined rehearsal prior to the concert that starts at 7pm. Students are required to stay for the whole concert which will finish around 9pm. They will write about the other pieces as part of a writing assignment for their grade.
- Concertino and Chamber: Students need to be at FCVMS at 6:30pm to tune their instruments and get to their assigned seats in the auditorium.
- Parent help is needed for the concert on April 18.
- Four or five parents are needed to supervise young musicians in the FCVMS Performing Arts Rooms.
- Some parents to be available at an orchestra booster information table at the concert.
- Please contact Mr. Valencia at josevalencia@PROTECTED if you can help.
ISSMA Organization Contest and State Qualification
- 2-3 Parents are needed to chaperone on each bus for all ISSMA trips. Contact Alison Goller at alisongoller@PROTECTED if you are able to chaperone with your student’s orchestra.
- Sinfonia and Sonatina Orchestras will perform for ISSMA Organization Contest at Pendleton Heights High School on Saturday, April 21st, at 10:00am.
- Concertino Orchestra will perform for ISSMA Organization Contest at Pendleton Heights High School on Saturday, April 21st, at 1:00pm.
- Chamber/Full Symphony Orchestra will perform for ISSMA State Qualification at Warren Central High School on Friday, April 27th at 6:30pm.